Come do this with us!!! Sign up for our team by clicking this link…
Date: February 11, 2017
Time: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Nationals Park
Registration Fee: $10
Fundraising Minimum: $100 to support Special Olympics athletes
You’ll receive an official “I plunged at the Park” t-shirt, and can earn more gifts at higher fundraising levels.
Come out and enjoy a fun afternoon at the ball park. The Plunge Festival features:
- Great music on the plaza
- Parties in the Brewhouse and Centerfield Social to warm up after your cool dip
- Photos with the ‘Presidents’
- Chance to hit in the Nationals batting cage
- Bring your costumes–stand out plungers will get their 15 seconds of fame on the jumbotron screen above the field!
Each participant raises a minimum of $100 to plunge which allows Special Olympics D.C. continue to provide year-round sports, health, and inclusion programs which are essential in helping children and adults with intellectual disabilities lead healthier lives and develop valuable skills.
- $100sends one athlete to the Summer Games
- $250provides one adaptive bowling ramp
- $500uniforms one basketball team
- $750pays for medical exams for 15 athletes to qualify to participate
- $1,000reserves gym time for basketball training
- Polar Plunger– Plunge into the pools on the plaza and enjoy the party
- Cool Schools Plunger– High School and College plungers compete to bring home the trophy of “D.C’s Coolest School” to campus
- SO Athlete Plunger– Raise funds so that an athlete can plunge, or come and take the plunge with him or her. You’ll give a memorable experience.
- Power Plunger– Raise $1000 to plunge on Nationals field where you’ve watched your favorite players, and have the moment viewed live on the Jumbotron screen
- Too Chicken to Plunge? Donate $100 or more and come out to watch others take the plunge, or stay warm and toasty at home. Either way, our Special Olympics athletes benefit.
Skill: Double Unders
20 minute AMRAP:
50 double unders