Conjugate Strength Program
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
“When lifters repeatedly use the same simple method of training to raise their strength level, they will eventually stall. Like the scholar who must utilize many sources of information to achieve a higher level of knowledge, the lifter must incorporate new and more difficult exercises to raise their standards.” – Louie Simmons (of Westside Barbell)
The purpose of the Conjugate program is to handle max lifts while allowing for ample recovery, in turn avoiding overtraining the C.N.S. (Central Nervous System). The “Conjugate Method” does this by using a complex method of rotating special exercises that are close in nature (for purposes of staying true to Westside) to the power lifts. Training with this method will increase strength relative to the classic lifts (Squat, Press, Deadlift) and help perfect coordination, and in turn; advance one’s technical skills.
Is this class right for me?
If you are an athlete who:
- is looking to help improve explosiveness and power for his/her sport;
- is looking for a better baseline level of overall strength;
- would like better technique, efficiency and coordination with the deadlift, squat & press and other related lifts;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to compliment his/her weekly metabolic conditioning workouts with strength training;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to see his/her WOD times goes down (i.e. Isabelle and Grace);
Programming varies on a weekly basis and is done for the class as a whole, with the exception of needed modifications for individual athletes. Please arrive early to warm-up, mobilize, and gear-up before class. In each class athletes can expect to squat, press, deadlift, perform dynamic pulling drills, perform upper body strength and/or dynamic work, perform squats for strength and/or speed, and finish with abs.
Olympic Lifting Program