In today’s business world, most business owners and managers invest time and money into their assets. However, the ones that truly succeed have realized that their greatest assets are their employees. What better way to invest in your greatest assets, then by giving them the gift of health and fitness? Research shows that companies that invest in Corporate Wellness programs have less sick days, better company morale and a more positive work environment, which as a business owner or manager means, increased productivity and profitability. A good employee is a happy employee and a happy employee is a healthy one. Here are the latest statistics on how Corporate Wellness can affect your company’s bottom line:
- $1 of every $5 spent on health care in the United States is spent on caring for people with diabetes. Yet, people who increases their activity (two or more hours per week) and had a 5% to 7% weight loss reduced their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by 58%, regardless of race, ethnicity or gender.
- If the United States had just 5% reduction in the number of Americans with hypertension, the U.S. Healthcare system would save $25 billion in just 5 years.
- On average, annual health care costs are $2,000 higher for smokers than non-smokers, $1,400 more for those who are obese vs. those who are of healthy weight, and $6,600 more for people with diabetes than for those without the disease.
- During a three-year period, medical costs and costs associated with employees absenteeism are reduced by $2 to $3 for every $1 spent on workplace fitness and wellness programs.
- Indirect costs to employers of employee poor health – e.g., lower productivity, higher rates of disability, higher rates of injury and more worker’s compensation claims – can be two to three times the costs of direct medical expenses. Source: The National Prevention Council (www.healthcare.gov/prevention/nphpphc), 2010
Much like you and your business, CrossFit Woodbridge is committed to delivering excellent customer service, with the best products available. Besides being right here in your neighborhood, we can visit your facility and explain the benefits of proper exercise and nutrition and provide any interested employees to try our club for one week at no charge.
Please contact info@crossfitwoodbridge to arrange a complimentary introduction to our facility and a brief seminar on the benefits of proper exercise and nutrition. We look forward to hearing from you soon.