Over the past twenty years, Dan has been a resident of Woodbridge and active in the sports community. After commissioning in the Army as well as two deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Dan is getting back to his previous passion in life. Fitness and sports has always been a huge part of his life and now CrossFit has afforded him the opportunity to help others in their athletic endeavors. CrossFit is for everyone and he is brought it to Woodbridge!! He is currently trained, qualified and moreover, excited to teach you the skills and movements to get you moving in the right direction. It’s not the certification that makes a coach, it’s the passion and drive to make YOU successful.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Coach’s Prep
- USAW Club Coach
- CrossFit Basic Barbell (Mark Rippetoe)
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting (Mike Burgener)
- CrossFit Nutrition (Robb Wolf)
- CrossFit Rowing (Angela Hart)
- West Side Barbell Conjugate Powerlifting
Back in 2005, if you stopped by Lloyd’s firehouse and asked him if he thought he was fit, he would have confidently told you “Yes!” while finishing up his last set of bicep curls. So, when he first tried CrossFit back then, it’s no surprise that his ego was easily crushed.
Lloyd’s obsession with CrossFit wouldn’t begin until a few years later in 2011 when he finally decides to step into CrossFit Woodbridge. Humbled, Lloyd took to functional fitness immediately and quickly phased out the isolation movements and random cardio sessions he had been doing his entire life.
Lloyd literally dwells on CrossFit every single day and dreams about CrossFit every night. His obsession for proper form and efficient movement coupled with his good-nature attitude and genuine desire to help people makes Lloyd a stellar Coach.
Strengths: Moving a barbell (except anything with “Dead” in it’s name)
Weaknesses: Running WODs. HSPU. WODs over 2 minutes.
- Lloyd has never had a cup of coffee.
- Lloyd hates practically every vegetable (makes Paleo real tough).
- Lloyd is a sprinter but doesn’t like to run. He also loves to do Cleans but wouldn’t care if he ever did another deadlift for the rest of his life.
- Lloyd does not know how to do the Electric Slide
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- CrossFit Endurance Coach
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting Coach
- CrossFit Powerlifting Coach
- CFW 2013 Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Games Regionals Team Coach
- Firefighter/EMT-B/Technical Rescue Technican
Sara found CrossFit as an active duty Marine while stationed at Camp Lejuene, NC. After competing in College Athletics, Sara moved from bodybuilding, to powerlifting to running road races. After discovering Crossfit she has never looked back and is dedicated to helping other achieve their fitness and health goals.
- Bring gymnastics and mobility programs to CFW.
- Become certified in CrossFit Gymnastics, Olympic Lifting, and Power Lifting.
- Diane or Fran or anything with running
- Handstand push ups or pull ups
- Muscle ups and Olympic Lifting
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Strongman
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- Carl Paoli Gymnastics Certification
- CPR/First Aid
- ACSM Personal Trainer
- Masters in Kinesiology
- 2012 Mid-Atlantic Hopper Team Champion
- King of the Beef Individual Female Champion
- 2013 Crossfit Games Regional Individual and Team Qualifier
- Captain, United States Marine Corps
In the world of fitness, there isn’t much Eve has not accomplished. Since a young age, Eve has displayed her athletic prowess at a multitude of sports: softball, track and field, volleyball, and even wrestling. She would go on to wrestle for a qualification to the Olympic Trials and play volleyball in college on a scholarship.
During her adult life, Eve dabbled in everything fitness related from triathlons to amateur bodybuilding.
Eve’s lifelong passion for fitness inspired her to pursue a career as a Personal Trainer and Aerobics Instructor. Her education and experience enabled her to work and develop programs for seniors, obese children and athletes.
It would not take long before Eve would stumble onto CrossFit. Seeking a change in her normal routine, she would try a WOD at CrossFit Woodbridge. Eve soon realized CrossFit was far superior to any fitness program she has ever tried. Eve’s loves for fitness also lead her to start a Crossfit Kids program at CFW. Eve is the head of our CrossFit Kids Program that officially kicked off in the summer of 2012. Eve really enjoys working with the kids and having a blast exposing them to CrossFit watching them excel as their strength, character, and overall love for health and fitness.
Eve is a great teammate and enthusiastic supporter of everyone in the gym.With an outgoing personality and a winning smile, Eve will make anyone feel like they can do anything. Eve is also passionate about helping the other women at CFW to exceed their own performance expectations and lift heavy weights while building their confidence, strength, and having lots of fun.
- Anything Cardio (working on my engine)
- To qualify for the 2014 USA Weightlifting National Championship
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Certified
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- CrossFit Olympic Lifting Certified
- CrossFit Strongman Certified
- USAW Level 1 Sports Performance Coach
- AFAA Yoga Instructor
- NASM Personal Trainer
- AFAA Personal Trainer
- AFAA Group Exercise Instructor
- Mad Dogg Athletics Spin Instructor
- AFAA Mat Pilates Instructor
- AAAI Mat Pilates Instructor
- AFAA Kickboxing Instructor
- AAAI Kickboxing Instructor
- Turbo Kick® Instructor
- PiYo™ Instructor
- Les Mills™ Body Pump Instructor
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- 2013 American Open Championships Competitor (53kg)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences — Exercise Science and Physiology
- Minor in Elementary Education
Upon the urging of college friends, Jason made the leap of trying CrossFit by joining CFW in February 2011. Within just a few short months, he experienced a 40 pound weight loss, gained substantial strength, and a desire to become even stronger. He then began studying various strength training methods from any sources he could find, including: Mark Rippetoe (Starting Strength), Louie Simmons (Westside Barbell) and Dave Tate (Elite FTS) to further his passion to train and to coach others.
Goals at CFW:
- Continue to grow fundamental strength programs at CFW
- Grace or Randy
- Back Squat
- Starting Strength Level II w/ Mark Rippetoe
- CrossFit Powerlifting
I started at Crossfit Woodbridge in the fall of 2011 after being urged by my wife to get out of the Globo gym. . While in the Police Academy I was given the fitness award after being introduced to Crossfit style work outs. I found Crossfit to be instrumental in my fitness routine. As a member of the Special Operation Branch of my Police Department keeping my fitness at a high level is a large part of what keeps me and the members of my unit alive and going home at the end of our shift. I am a very competitive person and enjoy being pushed by all the athletes and coaches at Crossfit Woodbridge. I have participated on two Capital Affiliate teams and most recently in the Outlaw Barbell camp. My favority WOD is Murph, mainly because I love pull ups.
I got my start in Crossfit back in May 2008 at Outlaw Crossfit (formerly known as Crossfit Alexandria). It started as an internship that was a requirement to fulfill my Exercise Science degree at Virginia Commonwealth University. It wasn’t long before I found a comfortable niche in the Crossfit community, not just as an athlete, but as a coach. I love to see clients accomplish goals that they would not have otherwise reached on their own for whatever reason. My background in fitness and training includes leading some crossfit groups at Andrews Air Force Base for a couple years, as well as being a full time personal trainer and group exercise instructor for about four years at Washington Sports Clubs. Although I no longer train full time, my degree in exercise science led me to a life of helping others improve their quality of life through health and fitness, primarily in the world of Crossfit. In addition to this, I work full time as a Firefighter/EMT for Alexandria City. My goal is to help clients make positive lifestyle choices through instruction, motivation, and example. Certifications: B.S. Exercise Science/Concentration Applied Health Sciences, CrossFit Level 1 Certified, NSCA-CPT (Certified Personal Trainer), KettleBell Concepts, CPR/AED Certified, National Registry certified EMT Benchmarks: Power Clean and Jerk-175; Deadlift – 340; Low Bar Back Squat – 285 Athletic background: Soccer since I was a kid until high school, 3 years cross country and 4 years indoor and outdoor track in high school (competed in high jump, long jump, and running events-anywhere from the 200m sprint to the mile). In the Crossfit world: CrossFit sectionals 20th place in Midatlantic region 1st place with Outlaw Team at Midatlantic Hopper Challenge 2011 4th place with Outlaw Team at Midatlantic Regionals in 2012