Not only does this movement work on opening the hips, but it challenges our ankle flexibility as well.
- Find a post, position yourself behind it and take a wide side lunge stance with your legs.
- Descend down to one side; ensure your heel is on the ground and the other leg is straight (knee facing the ceiling).
- Use one arm to hold the post while the same arm as the knee bent, will drive that knee away from your body. Hold for a few seconds then stand all the way up and descend to the other side.
- Repeat the same procedure on the other side.
- If you would like to challenge yourself, keep the hips low through the middle of the movement as you smoothly transition from one side back to the other. Seamus the dog is optional for this movement. ?