I hope your friends enjoyed our first Bring A Friend Day of the year and that you’ve invited more to share the experience with you today. If you read the post at the beginning of the week, you’ve started to learn what CrossFit is all about. But after trying one of our workouts, while laying on the floor, out of breath, in a puddle of sweat, you may be wondering what you’re doing to yourself and why you’ll want to do this on a regular basis. Let’s talk about the benefits of training the way we do.
- BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING – We pride ourselves on preparing for the “unknown and unknowable”. Our constantly varied program prepares you for life’s demands — from carrying a bag of groceries up the stairs to climbing a mountain, and everything inbetween. We never know what life may throw at us but when the time comes, you’ll be physically ready.
- FEEL BETTER – Training functional movements will strengthen the way your body is actually built to move. Your normal daily activities will become easier. We improve the way your body uses energy so you’ll have more of it no matter what you’re doing.
- LOOK BETTER – Our high intensity workouts burn fat and builds muscle. This, along with a wholesome diet, will build a strong, healthy body.
- GAIN CONFIDENCE – You are physically capable of much more than you think. You’ll do many things you never imagined yourself being capable of. We train mental toughness here too. Once you tap into it, you’ll become unstoppable.
- BECOME PART OF A TIGHT-KNIT COMMUNITY – It’s the community that drives this box. You’ll build long-lasting friendships in this very supportive and encouraging group of people.
These are some of the life changing qualities of CrossFit that has your friends so enthusiastic for you to get involved. Give it a try!
PLEASE BRING YOUR FRIENDS 15-20 MINUTES EARLY TO FILL OUT A WAIVER.
STRONG SIDE ANNOUNCEMENT – We will be conducting our first 90-Minute Strong Side Clinic this Saturday, March 15 at 10:00AM. This clinic is capped at 8 participants. $20 for Non-Gold Members. Free for Gold Members. Register on ZenPlanner (look for “Weightlifting Clinic”).
TODAY: BRING A FRIEND DAY – WEDS, MAR 12, 2014
TEAMS OF 2
100 ALTERNATING BOX JUMPS 24″/20″
100 PUSH PRESS 95#/65#
100 KETTLEBELL SWINGS 53#/35#
*5 AIR SQUATS EMOM (Every Minute On The Minute) by both partners.
**One person works at a time.