The CrossFit Woodbridge Strong Side Powerlifting Seminar is a 7 week seminar that focuses on the development of strength and speed in the powerlifts, squat, deadlift, and bench press. Two classes a week, Tuesday and Thursday(6am, 9am and 6pm), which will use the Westside Barbell Conjugate Method which features a rotating set of maximum effort and dynamic effort days. Maximum effort days feature a maximum weight lift followed by accessory lifts and core strengthening exercises. Dynamic effort days include a percentage weight lift using accommodating resistance, bands and chains, to add speed to your lifts and is followed by accessory lifts and core strengthening exercises. **This seminar will be capped at 12 athletes per session.
The purpose of the Conjugate program is to handle max lifts while allowing for ample recovery, in turn avoiding overtraining the C.N.S. (Central Nervous System). The “Conjugate Method” does this by using a complex method of rotating special exercises that are close in nature (for purposes of staying true to Westside) to the power lifts. Training with this method will increase strength relative to the classic lifts (Squat, Press, Deadlift) and help perfect coordination, and in turn; advance one’s technical skills.
Is this class right for me?
If you are an athlete who:
- is looking to help improve explosiveness and power for his/her sport;
- is looking for a better baseline level of overall strength;
- would like better technique, efficiency and coordination with the deadlift, squat & press and other related lifts;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to compliment his/her weekly metabolic conditioning workouts with strength training;
- is a CrossFit athlete and would like to see his/her WOD times goes down (i.e. Isabelle and Grace)
AMRAP in 12
12 Ring Dips
30 double unders