Everybody Loves Friends

It’s that time again CrossFit Woodbridge, “Bring a friend day” is upon us.  We will be hosting this great event on Oct 23rd, 25th and overflow on the 27th.  Put it on your calendars and invite your friends and family.  Just like last time we will be doing a team workout and you will be required to serve as an ambassador to your friend.  Our coaches will warm everyone up and demonstrate the movements but we need your help in making sure everyone is safe and having a good time.  Get excited because we are really looking forward to a big turnout!!  Be on the look out for sign ups soon!

TODAY:

General Physical Preparedness!!

**Come prepared to do anything…we will be drawing a card from the Hopper Deck each class!  For those of you who are not aware, this is a deck of cards that has any and every WOD you could imagine in it.  Are you ready?

15 Responses to Everybody Loves Friends

1. E says:

1. Girls DO rule.

2. I HATE the hopper. hate it. It’s my worst nightmare. I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight.

2. Moni says:

Since failed miserably yesterday – can I have a do over today?

3. Nick says:

The “Hopper” Deck can be scary but a great way to identify a lot of weaknesses. I know I am a little excited and intimidated. @Moni, failure would have been not trying, like the majority of people in society, you saw a challenge and attacked it head on, you did awesome!

• Moni says:

Thank you Nick. That means a lot! I still have so far to go. I’m up for the challenge but there are times I certainly question!

4. MrsBull says:

OK…so since we don’t know what the wod will be…let’s talk CHILI! (why because I’m bored and want to tell you about this.)

OK, so it’s totally getting to that time of year when chili is a must. (Don’t get me wrong, I make chili year round.) I found the most amazing chili recipe to date. First, let me tell you that when I use a recipe, I use it as a basic guideline. Hardly do I ever do exactly what the recipe says or use the ingredients they tell me to. Why? Because I don’t like people telling me what to do. j/k , but really. So the name of this is Bacon Bison Butternut Squash Chili. OK. Stop. I know…most bacon isn’t WLC approved. OK, so don’t use it…or buy the kind that is. And I know, bison is expensive…so use ground beef or even bear! Whatever you do, MAKE THIS RECIPE. Last night, I made this with ground beef and I didn’t have butternut squash so I used delicata squash and it was still amazeballs. So without further ado;

5. Boneza H. says:

Steph, I’m always on the hunt for good chili recipe so thanks for this!

6. Manny says:

The Hopper Deck — Never done it…As intimidating as it may be—I’m in

7. Mark Mellinger says:

I hope the deck is not stacked…hahaha. 5:30 here I come

8. tassha says:

Ugh, considering walking is a challenge today, and I dont know whether this WOD will be leg intensive or not, I will have to pass :-( But I will make sure my dog gets a good walk (still gotta stretch those muscles out) and add some numbers to the CFWBarbell Pushup count :-)

Side note, who wants to build me a pullup bar in my back yard, so I can practice kipping whenever I want? I will pay with smiles and beer….after WLC of course

9. Rosalyn says:

HA! 6am class got off easy. We drew Grace. I enjoyed this lil element of surprise. Kinda felt like I was at the Games. Wouldn’t have placed high at all, but still…

10. Rick says:

Filthy 50 was coolish…I thought I saw a birght light…..

11. Ana says:

I’ve made that chili quite a few times. It’s pretty good. So now you have 2 endorsements. Make it!

• MrsBull says:

It’s a little different everytime I make it according to what I have but always delicious!